Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm an editor for The Comeback, baseball columnist for The Outside Corner, and an associate editor at Awful Announcing. I'm also the managing editor for Comeback Media's pop culture site, The AP Party.
Previously, I contributed to Yahoo! Sports baseball blog, Big League Stew and a blogger for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
In 2014, I covered the Asheville Tourists baseball team and its South Atlantic League championship run for Ashvegas (while also providing some local movie reviews).
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to check back regularly.
THE COMEBACK - Recent Posts:
- The People v. O.J. Simpson recap: He might kill himself, but what about me?
- Hail, Caesar! lets its stars have a blast, making fun of 1950s Hollywood
- The 10 Worst Super Bowl 50 Commercials
- The 10 Best Super Bowl 50 Commercials
- Louis C.K.'s Horace and Pete shows ambition, but tests fan loyalty
- The Finest Hours starts slow, but strong cast saves Coast Guard rescue story
- The relief of Roger Goodell: No awkward trophy handoff to Tom Brady
- As support grows for designated hitters in National League, rule change is inevitable
AWFUL ANNOUNCING - Recent Posts:
- Fox marks down DraftKings investment by 60 percent, as company’s value drops $95 million
- LeBron James among NBA All-Stars to voice characters on Cartoon Network
- After NESN departure, Don Orsillo encouraged by Yankees manager Joe Girardi
- Wayne Rooney meets Deadpool in ad, Manchester United and Fox form partnership
- Video: Jeremy Lin's hair has attracted plenty of attention from NBA announcers
- ESPN's Mike Greenberg challenges Olympic officials to swim in polluted Rio waters
- Dick Vitale met The Rock on the Ballers set; How was your Tuesday?
- Gawker sells minority stake to outside investors due to risk of upcoming Hulk Hogan trial
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- Mets re-signing Yoenis Cespedes affirms fans' faith in building World Series contender
- Mets' Michael Cuddyer announces retirement on The Players' Tribune
- Mets improve with middle infield upgrade of Neil Walker, Asdrubal Cabrera
- Athletics trade Brett Lawrie to White Sox, getting two minor league pitchers in return
- What are Tigers' next moves after signing Jordan Zimmermann?
- Reds eager to trade Aroldis Chapman; which team is best fit?
THE AP PARTY - Recent Posts:
- Samantha Bee stands on her own with Full Frontal's debut
- 'Youth' is a puzzling film, but worth trying to interpret
- Watch: 'Star Trek Beyond' trailer gets meta and busy in first trailer
- Marvel announces showrunner for 'Iron Fist' series, silencing rumors of troubled production
- Watch: 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny' trailer revives martial arts ballet
- 'Spectre,' and when fan service renders twists and spoilers meaningless
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- The week's writes and reads, 01-31-16
- The last 10 films I've seen
- Cooking and eating: Edward Lee's collard greens and kimchi
- My first Daredevil comic book
- My 2015 MLB predictions
- My new low-carb life
- Turner Sports' Ernie Johnson
- SNY Mets broadcast team
- Colorado Rockies prospect David Dahl
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Andrew McCutchen
- Hall of Famer George Brett
- Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith