Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm a columnist for Bloguin's baseball blog, The Outside Corner, and the editor for the network's pop culture site, The AP Party. I also dabble at Awful Announcing and cover the Asheville Tourists baseball team for Ashvegas.
Previously, I was a lead writer for Bleacher Report's Major League Baseball coverage.
Furthermore, I've written content for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to check back regularly.
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- Wil Myers headlines 11-player trade between Padres, Rays and Nationals
- Justin Upton fits with Giants, Rangers, Orioles, but Padres eager
- Despite additions, Red Sox starting rotation still needs an ace
- By trading Latos and Simon, Reds create flexibility for one more run
- Tigers make winter meetings splash, getting Yoenis Cespedes and Alfredo Simon
- Report: Dodgers dump Matt Kemp to Padres in five-player trade
THE AP PARTY - Recent Posts:
- If you wanted to see 'The Interview,' theaters are canceling showings
- The AP Party staff: Movies we haven't seen that everyone says we should see
- 'SNL' recap: James Franco is good at this hosting thing too
- What 'Eaten Alive' really devoured was viewers' time
- Arnold is back, but 'Terminator: Genisys' looks like same old story
- New James Bond film titled 'Spectre,' nodding to past mythology
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- The 10-year anniversary of 'Malice at the Palace'
- My new low-carb life
- As healthy as I wanna be? Not even close
- Surgery? Hospital? Me? Life can change so quickly
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Andrew McCutchen
- Hall of Famer George Brett
- Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith