Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm a columnist for Bloguin's baseball blog, The Outside Corner, and an associate editor at Awful Announcing. I'm also the managing editor for the network's pop culture site, The AP Party.
In 2014, I covered the Asheville Tourists baseball team and its South Atlantic League championship run for Ashvegas (while also providing some local movie reviews).
Previously, I was a lead writer for Bleacher Report's Major League Baseball coverage. Prior to that, I contributed to Yahoo! Sports baseball blog, Big League Stew. I've also written for SB Nation Detroit, posting breaking news stories, blog entries and opinion pieces.
Furthermore, I was a blogger for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to check back regularly.
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- Trading Troy Tulowitzki begins Rockies' much-needed reconstruction project
- Astros get Scott Kazmir from Athletics, beginning MLB trade deadline season
- Outfielders available for Orioles, but do they have enough to make a deal?
- 10 most compelling storylines to follow in MLB's second half
- Marlins' Dee Gordon dislocates left thumb sliding into first base
- Tigers should accept reality and become trade deadline sellers
AWFUL ANNOUNCING - Recent Posts:
- Ranking the sports cameos in Sharknado 3
- Bill Simmons is going to HBO
- Why Grantland still makes the most sense for Tommy Craggs and why it still may never work
- Colin Cowherd officially announces he's leaving ESPN on his show
- Ben Affleck jumped at chance to present ESPY award to Derek Jeter
- FanDuel raises $275 million in new funding, according to reports
THE AP PARTY - Recent Posts:
- 'Southpaw' misses badly with its punches, making you wish for another movie
- 'Ant-Man' is quirky and hilarious, just what serious superhero films need
- 'The Death of Superman Lives' tells story of lost Nicolas Cage Superman film
- Older Spider-Man fans accepting that Marisa Tomei will be new Aunt May
- Chances of 'Hannibal' getting picked up by another network look very grim
- 'Terminator: Genisys' should kill off the Terminator film franchise
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- The last 10 films I've seen
- Cooking and eating: Edward Lee's collard greens and kimchi
- The week's writes and reads, 04-19-15
- My first Daredevil comic book
- My 2015 MLB predictions
- My new low-carb life
- Turner Sports' Ernie Johnson
- SNY Mets broadcast team
- Colorado Rockies prospect David Dahl
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Andrew McCutchen
- Hall of Famer George Brett
- Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith