Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm an editor for The Comeback, baseball columnist for The Outside Corner, and an associate editor at Awful Announcing. I'm also the managing editor for Comeback Media's pop culture site, The AP Party.
Previously, I contributed to Yahoo! Sports baseball blog, Big League Stew and a blogger for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
In 2014, I covered the Asheville Tourists baseball team and its South Atlantic League championship run for Ashvegas (while also providing some local movie reviews).
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to check back regularly.
THE COMEBACK - Recent Posts:
- The Punisher is getting his own series; Netflix orders Daredevil spinoff from Marvel
- Everybody Wants Some!! is a fun romp that needs no story to entertain
- Dancing With the Stars, week 6: Antonio Brown gets footloose, Doug Flutie goes home
- Purple Rain is not a great movie, but music makes it a worthy experience
- Watch: Final X-Men: Apocalypse trailer shows us some familiar claws
- Legendary musician Prince has passed away at 57 years old
- The Jungle Book is a delight, with spectacular visuals and great voice work
- The People v. O.J. Simpson recap: What are we gonna do now?
AWFUL ANNOUNCING - Recent Posts:
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4 ties top overnight mark for 1st-round NBA playoff game in 12 years
- Watch: Cari Champion awkwardly teases Brian Windhorst for being awake on SportsCenter
- Mark Wahlberg filmed movie scenes at Boston Marathon, causing uneasy feelings
- How Pitbull's "Bad Man" became the song you'll hate during the NBA Playoffs
- In Part 2, Ken Burns' Jackie Robinson film focuses on battle for equality
- In Part 1, Ken Burns' Jackie Robinson film defines the man, not the baseball icon
- Pete Rose really will write anything on a baseball, apologizes for shooting JFK
- Sportswriter David Walsh's story shows media dilemma in Lance Armstrong film The Program
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- Way too early for Yankees to panic, but Alex Rodriguez's struggles raise questions
- 2016 season preview: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 season preview: New York Mets
- 2016 season preview: Washington Nationals
- 2016 season preview: Boston Red Sox
- 2016 season preview: Houston Astros
THE AP PARTY - Recent Posts:
- Watch: Batman v Superman deleted scene centers on Lex Luthor
- Watch: Batman won't discuss his feelings in second teaser for The LEGO Batman Movie
- New Wonder Woman photo shows Amazons armed and ready
- Marvel's Luke Cage will hit Netflix on Sept. 30, via star Mike Colter
- Take a closer look at the new Spider-Man, via hi-res images
- Samantha Bee stands on her own with Full Frontal's debut
- Everybody Wants Some!!
- Purple Rain
- The Jungle Book
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- The Program
- 10 Cloverfield Lane
- Eddie the Eagle
- Triple 9
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- The week's writes and reads, 04-17-16
- The last 10 films I've seen
- Cooking and eating: Edward Lee's collard greens and kimchi
- My first Daredevil comic book
- My 2015 MLB predictions
- My new low-carb life
- Turner Sports' Ernie Johnson
- SNY Mets broadcast team
- Colorado Rockies prospect David Dahl
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Andrew McCutchen
- Hall of Famer George Brett
- Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith