Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm a featured columnist for Bloguin's baseball blog, The Outside Corner. I am also an editor for the network's new pop culture site, The AP Party.
Additionally, I provide baseball analysis for several sports talk radio shows each week.
Previously, I was a lead writer for Bleacher Report's Major League Baseball coverage.
In addition, I've written content for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to click back regularly.
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- Let's not get crazy about Russell Wilson playing baseball, OK?
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman as Art Howe in 'Moneyball'
- Looking at Michael Young's career as he retires
- Upon retirement, how should Lance Berkman's career be viewed?
- If Pirates won't pay, where will A.J. Burnett go?
- 'The Battered Bastards of Baseball': Your next favorite baseball movie?
THE AP PARTY - Recent Posts:
- Lupita Nyong'o Salvages a Lackluster 2014 Oscars
- Real Tweets from Real People: Michael B. Jordan Cast as Human Torch
- When Can We Talk About 'House of Cards,' Season 2?
- Ms. Marvel Provides a Refreshing Change from Typical Superheroes
- 'The Monuments Men' Lives Down to February Release Date
- 5 of Philip Seymour Hoffman's Most Memorable Scenes
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- Joe Dumars is the next guy Pistons should fire
- Turning the lights back on
- My IBWAA Hall of Fame ballot
- No, Mom — The Lions will not be going to the playoffs
- For your consideration: Peter O'Toole in 'Troy
- Thor's thunderous closing credits