Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm a columnist for Bloguin's baseball blog, The Outside Corner, and an associate editor at Awful Announcing. I'm also the managing editor for the network's pop culture site, The AP Party.
In 2014, I covered the Asheville Tourists baseball team and its South Atlantic League championship run for Ashvegas (while also providing some local movie reviews).
Previously, I was a lead writer for Bleacher Report's Major League Baseball coverage. Prior to that, I contributed to Yahoo! Sports baseball blog, Big League Stew. I've also written for SB Nation Detroit, posting breaking news stories, blog entries and opinion pieces.
Furthermore, I was a blogger for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to check back regularly.
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- Reds eager to trade Aroldis Chapman; which team is best fit?
- End of season post-mortem: New York Mets
- Royals win World Series, outlasting Matt Harvey to beat Mets 7-2
- Johnny Cueto dominates Mets for 7-1 Royals win, 2-0 World Series lead
- Eric Hosmer, Royals take 5-4, 14-inning win over Mets in World Series Game 1
- Keys for the Royals to win the World Series
AWFUL ANNOUNCING - Recent Posts:
- Detroit sports talk radio host Mike Valenti: Lions tried to get me fired
- Are Detroit Lions switching flagship radio stations because of censorship demands?
- Bills coach Rex Ryan gets cranky with Boston media "obsessed with" Patriots
- "Concussion" movie presents a difficult choice for football fans
- Andy Dalton takes J.J. Watt's Red Ryder BB gun joke way too seriously
- DraftKings seeking to delay ad payments; FanDuel delaying payouts to customers
THE AP PARTY - Recent Posts:
- 'Spotlight' succeeds on every level, living up to Best Picture hype
- Today in bad ideas: A 'Memento' remake is in development
- 'Spectre,' and when fan service renders twists and spoilers meaningless
- 'Spectre' starts explosively, fizzles out trying to complete James Bond story
- 'Burnt' works as Bradley Cooper showcase, fails as actual movie
- Paul Westerberg, Juliana Hatfield form new band: The I Don't Cares
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- The week's writes and reads, 11-01-15
- The last 10 films I've seen
- Cooking and eating: Edward Lee's collard greens and kimchi
- My first Daredevil comic book
- My 2015 MLB predictions
- My new low-carb life
- Turner Sports' Ernie Johnson
- SNY Mets broadcast team
- Colorado Rockies prospect David Dahl
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Andrew McCutchen
- Hall of Famer George Brett
- Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith