Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm a columnist for Bloguin's baseball blog, The Outside Corner, and the editor for the network's pop culture site, The AP Party. I also dabble at Awful Announcing and cover the Asheville Tourists baseball team for Ashvegas.
Previously, I was a lead writer for Bleacher Report's Major League Baseball coverage.
Furthermore, I've written content for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to check back regularly.
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- 10 MLB prospects most likely to make an impact in 2015
- The most unexpected MLB free agent signings of the past 10 years
- Astros' offseason renovation shows their future is now
- After signing Max Scherzer, what's next for the Nationals?
- A's add Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar, continuing surprising offseason
- Looking ahead to the 2016 Hall of Fame ballot
THE AP PARTY - Recent Posts:
- 'Kingsman' has fun, but is far too obvious with its intentions
- NY Times columnist David Carr leaves huge void in media criticism, journalism
- How should Comedy Central and 'The Daily Show' replace Jon Stewart?
- Marvel and Sony make long-rumored deal to share Spider-Man
- Brian Williams and trying too hard to be cool
- 'Fresh Off the Boat' feels like an original sitcom experience
AWFUL ANNOUNCING - Recent Posts:
- Oops! Eagles team calendar features Riley Cooper for Black History Month
- Giants analyst Mike Krukow calls Yasiel Puig 'young and dumb'
- NBA buddy comedy pilot on fast track at ABC
- Inside the NBA teams up with Justice League in DC Comics promotion
- Golden Tate goes first person to address rumors about Russell Wilson and Percy Harvin
- NBC brings boxing back to prime time, hosted by Al Michaels
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- My 2015 IBWAA Hall of Fame ballot
- The 10-year anniversary of 'Malice at the Palace'
- My new low-carb life
- As healthy as I wanna be? Not even close
- Surgery? Hospital? Me? Life can change so quickly
- Colorado Rockies prospect David Dahl
- Colorado Rockies prospect Pat Valaika
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Andrew McCutchen
- Hall of Famer George Brett
- Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith