Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm a columnist for Bloguin's baseball blog, The Outside Corner, and the editor for the network's pop culture site, The AP Party. I also dabble at Awful Announcing as a contributor.
In 2014, I covered the Asheville Tourists baseball team and its South Atlantic League championship run for Ashvegas.
Previously, I was a lead writer for Bleacher Report's Major League Baseball coverage. Prior to that, I contributed to Yahoo! Sports baseball blog, Big League Stew. I've also written for SB Nation Detroit, posting breaking news stories, blog entries and opinion pieces.
Furthermore, I was a blogger for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to check back regularly.
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- Astros surprising, but can get better with prospects like Carlos Correa
- Jeffrey Loria's latest managerial farce shows Marlins have no plan
- As Rockies crumble, Tulowitzki contemplates trade request, setting bleak future
- Josh Hamilton signs baby's butt before rehab game with Triple-A Round Rock
- Video: Alex Rodriguez hits career home run No. 661
- No Wainwright, disappointing Heyward, but Cardinals are best team in baseball
THE AP PARTY - Recent Posts:
- Even without comparing to original, 'Poltergeist' remakes feels pointless
- Watch: Why Foo Fighters and 'Everlong' were perfect for David Letterman's final show
- Thinking more about where we left Don Draper in the 'Mad Men' finale
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' is glorious, thrilling freak show, unlike anything you've seen
- Video: First look at CBS 'Supergirl' series is cheesy, but fun
- A conversation about 'Avengers: Age of Ultron,' safe houses and Black Widow
AWFUL ANNOUNCING - Recent Posts:
- ESPN covering National Spelling Fee Finals with new interactive features
- Watch: Jamie Foxx does Doc Rivers impression on 'The Tonight Show'
- Dianna Russini latest D.C. sports anchor jumping to ESPN
- Watch: Max Kellerman sticks up for Manny Pacquiao fighting injured
- Jay Mariotti attacks Bill Simmons and 'fanboy media' in baffling, out-of-touch rant
- Bill Simmons says Roger Goodell lacks 'testicular fortitude' to make Deflategate decision
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- The last 10 films I've seen
- Cooking and eating: Edward Lee's collard greens and kimchi
- The week's writes and reads, 04-19-15
- My first Daredevil comic book
- My 2015 MLB predictions
- My new low-carb life
- SNY Mets broadcast team
- Colorado Rockies prospect David Dahl
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Andrew McCutchen
- Hall of Famer George Brett
- Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith