Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm a columnist for Bloguin's baseball blog, The Outside Corner, and an associate editor at Awful Announcing. I'm also the managing editor for the network's pop culture site, The AP Party.
In 2014, I covered the Asheville Tourists baseball team and its South Atlantic League championship run for Ashvegas (while also providing some local movie reviews).
Previously, I was a lead writer for Bleacher Report's Major League Baseball coverage. Prior to that, I contributed to Yahoo! Sports baseball blog, Big League Stew. I've also written for SB Nation Detroit, posting breaking news stories, blog entries and opinion pieces.
Furthermore, I was a blogger for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to check back regularly.
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- Dave Dombrowski's immediate challenges as new Red Sox president
- Rangers charging hard in AL West and wild-card races
- Mariners' Hisashi Iwakuma throws no-hitter in 3-0 victory over Orioles
- Strangely, Tigers' win-now approach seemed to push out Dave Dombrowski
- Winners and losers of the 2015 MLB Trade Deadline
- Trading Troy Tulowitzki begins Rockies' much-needed reconstruction project
AWFUL ANNOUNCING - Recent Posts:
- Redskins coach Jay Gruden would like the media to stop calling him fat
- Blue Jays' Jose Bautista refusing interviews with Sportsnet to support rookie teammate
- Fox Sports 1's C.J. Nitkowski returned to old Tiger Stadium site while in Detroit
- Fox Sports outfitting bus with Jim Harbaugh khakis to promote Utah-Michigan opener
- John Kruk unknowingly texted with George Brett about ribs for two years
- Going blue? Michigan football social media accounts were hacked
THE AP PARTY - Recent Posts:
- Kevin Bacon gets great role in small, but thrilling 'Cop Car'
- 'The Daily Show' evolves, hiring Baratunde Thurston to oversee digital content
- CW Seed's 'Vixen' provides appetizer while waiting for 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- Nice job, kid: 12-year-old trips, punches hole in $1.5 million painting
- Video: Bill Hader nails a Conan O'Brien impression for Conan O'Brien
- 'The End of the Tour' and David Foster Wallace give Jason Segel breakout role
- Cop Car
- The End of the Tour
- The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
- Straight Outta Compton
- The Gift
- Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- The last 10 films I've seen
- Cooking and eating: Edward Lee's collard greens and kimchi
- The week's writes and reads, 04-19-15
- My first Daredevil comic book
- My 2015 MLB predictions
- My new low-carb life
- Turner Sports' Ernie Johnson
- SNY Mets broadcast team
- Colorado Rockies prospect David Dahl
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Andrew McCutchen
- Hall of Famer George Brett
- Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith