Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm an editor for The Comeback and Awful Announcing, and a baseball columnist for The Outside Corner. I'm also the managing editor for Comeback Media's pop culture site, The AP Party.
Previously, I contributed to Yahoo! Sports baseball blog, Big League Stew and a blogger for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
In 2014, I covered the Asheville Tourists baseball team and its South Atlantic League championship run for Ashvegas (while also providing some local movie reviews).
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to check back regularly.
THE COMEBACK - Recent Posts:
- The Night Of episode 2 recap: Subtle Beast
- Sorry, haters: New Ghostbusters brings good summer fun to theaters
- Mr. Robot season 2, episode 1 recap: We made it worse, not better
- The Night Of episode 1 recap: The Beach
- Sulu is gay in the new Star Trek, yet George Takei isn't happy about it
- 25 years ago, Terminator 2 raised standard for sci-fi, action movie sequels
- Pat Summitt's life, accomplishments leave a profound sense of loss
AWFUL ANNOUNCING - Recent Posts:
- Moody's report predicts doom for regional sports networks
- SB Nation Radio replacing Yahoo Sports Radio brand Aug. 1
- Royals, Cardinals top MLB local ratings at All-Star Break
- John Riggins hired by Redskins Radio Network, despite ripping owner Dan Snyder
- Bill Simmons rips Stephen A. Smith, ESPN for ripping Tom Brady
- Erin Andrews no longer a part of FOX's MLB coverage
- Bleacher Report's Vick documentary well-produced and compelling, but lacks depth
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- Cubs' recent struggles show grind of season, but also highlight concerns
- Yankees make Alex Rodriguez platoon player, trying to jumpstart playoff hopes
- Way too early for Yankees to panic, but Alex Rodriguez's struggles raise questions
- Cubs at Nationals looks like mid-June NLCS preview
- Swiss Army Man
- The Legend of Tarzan
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition
- Free State of Jones
- The Shallows
- Independence Day: Resurgence
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- The week's writes and reads, 04-17-16
- The last 10 films I've seen
- Cooking and eating: Edward Lee's collard greens and kimchi
- My first Daredevil comic book
- My 2015 MLB predictions
- My new low-carb life
- Turner Sports' Ernie Johnson
- SNY Mets broadcast team
- Colorado Rockies prospect David Dahl
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Andrew McCutchen
- Hall of Famer George Brett
- Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith