Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm a columnist for Bloguin's baseball blog, The Outside Corner, and an associate editor at Awful Announcing. I'm also the managing editor for the network's pop culture site, The AP Party.
In 2014, I covered the Asheville Tourists baseball team and its South Atlantic League championship run for Ashvegas (while also providing some local movie reviews).
Previously, I was a lead writer for Bleacher Report's Major League Baseball coverage. Prior to that, I contributed to Yahoo! Sports baseball blog, Big League Stew. I've also written for SB Nation Detroit, posting breaking news stories, blog entries and opinion pieces.
Furthermore, I was a blogger for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to check back regularly.
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- Feud between Scioscia and Dipoto makes Angels fascinating case study
- Bad break: Giancarlo Stanton suffers broken bone in hand, out 4-6 weeks
- He's outta there! Ryne Sandberg resigns as Phillies manager
- Mets' slide may get Terry Collins fired, but team isn't good enough
- Franklin Gutierrez returns, but Mariners need more than nice story
- When A-Rod goes for 3,000 hits, it's cause for apathy and shrugs
AWFUL ANNOUNCING - Recent Posts:
- ESPN and Marvel join forces for '1 of 1 - Origins' series of short films
- Watch: Jim Harbaugh's 'clunker' interview with Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio
- Ben Affleck, Matt Damon producing movie about FIFA scandal and Chuck Blazer
- DraftKings loses $250 million investment from Disney, still signs exclusive ad deal with ESPN
- How 'Ballers' can use NFL team logos without league permission
- Michael Oher thinks 'The Blind Side' created a negative impression of him
THE AP PARTY - Recent Posts:
- 'Terminator: Genisys' should kill off the Terminator film franchise
- Watch: Stephen Colbert hosts cable access show in Monroe, Mich. (feat. Eminem)
- Watch: First trailer for 'Creed,' 'Rocky' spinoff starring Michael B. Jordan
- 'Ted 2' can't even do its job of making us laugh
- Tom Holland is the new movie Spider-Man, Jon Watts to direct
- 'Hannibal' can no longer delay inevitable, canceled by NBC
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- The last 10 films I've seen
- Cooking and eating: Edward Lee's collard greens and kimchi
- The week's writes and reads, 04-19-15
- My first Daredevil comic book
- My 2015 MLB predictions
- My new low-carb life
- Turner Sports' Ernie Johnson
- SNY Mets broadcast team
- Colorado Rockies prospect David Dahl
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Andrew McCutchen
- Hall of Famer George Brett
- Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith