Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm a columnist for Bloguin's baseball blog, The Outside Corner, and the editor for the network's pop culture site, The AP Party. I also dabble at Awful Announcing and cover the Asheville Tourists baseball team for Ashvegas.
Additionally, I provide baseball analysis for several sports talk radio shows each week.
Previously, I was a lead writer for Bleacher Report's Major League Baseball coverage.
Furthermore, I've written content for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to click back regularly.
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- How the Red Sox clear up their logjam of outfielders
- Mets won't handle Matt Harvey like Nats did Strasburg in 2012
- The best potential values of the MLB offseason
- 10 MLB players most likely to be traded this winter
- A mega-deal for Giancarlo Stanton wouldn't mean Marlins have changed
- Will middle relievers be the winners in 2015 free agency?
THE AP PARTY - Recent Posts:
- 'The Theory of Everything' makes Stephen Hawking's story appealing to the masses
- 'The Flash,' Iris West and the ick factor
- 'Rosewater' shows promise from Jon Stewart, but lacks depth
- 'Whiplash' challenges with its intensity, but is absolutely compelling
- 'The Six Billion Dollar Man' taps into a nostalgia well run dry
- 'Interstellar' reaches for the stars, but eventually hits a wall
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- The 10-year anniversary of 'Malice at the Palace'
- My new low-carb life
- As healthy as I wanna be? Not even close
- Surgery? Hospital? Me? Life can change so quickly
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Andrew McCutchen
- Hall of Famer George Brett
- Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith