Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm a columnist for Bloguin's baseball blog, The Outside Corner, and the editor for the network's pop culture site, The AP Party. I also dabble at Awful Announcing as a contributor.
In 2014, I covered the Asheville Tourists baseball team for Ashvegas.
Previously, I was a lead writer for Bleacher Report's Major League Baseball coverage. Prior to that, I contributed to Yahoo! Sports baseball blog, Big League Stew. I've also written for SB Nation Detroit, posting breaking news stories, blog entries and opinion pieces.
Furthermore, I was a blogger for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to check back regularly.
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- Thanks to Brewers, we will soon have 'Nachos On a Stick'
- Dodgers win Hector Olivera sweepstakes with $62.5 million deal
- Brandon Phillips is not down with OBP
- 2015 season preview: St. Louis Cardinals
- How does Marcus Stroman's injury affect the AL East race?
- 2015 season preview: Cincinnati Reds
THE AP PARTY - Recent Posts:
- 'Going Clear' is one of the creepiest movies of the year
- Judging Trevor Noah as a comedian based on old tweets is unfair
- Who is Trevor Noah, Jon Stewart's replacement on 'The Daily Show'?
- Examining the first week of 'The Late Late Show with James Corden'
- A conversation about Netflix's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt'
- Brian Williams chased comedy gig, reportedly wanted David Letterman's job
AWFUL ANNOUNCING - Recent Posts:
- Hayden Fox returns! NBC is bringing back 'Coach'
- A Roger Clemens movie, titled 'The Rocket,' is in development
- Vulgar tweet about Mo'ne Davis gets college baseball player dismissed from team
- Jesse Owens to be played by Anthony Mackie in upcoming biopic
- The Mo'ne Davis story is going to be a Disney Channel movie
- Basketball comedy 'Sin City Saints' is Yahoo's first original scripted series
- Going Clear
- Kingsman: The Secret Service
- Black or White
- A Most Violent Year
- The Interview
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- Where I am, 2015 edition
- My 2015 IBWAA Hall of Fame ballot
- My new low-carb life
- As healthy as I wanna be? Not even close
- Surgery? Hospital? Me? Life can change so quickly
- Colorado Rockies prospect David Dahl
- Colorado Rockies prospect Pat Valaika
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Andrew McCutchen
- Hall of Famer George Brett
- Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith